Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happiness in Education

Education is one of the most important tools for happiness because it not only satisfy our needs to expand our know knowledge about whats unknown or what’s far from our sight, but it also opens our minds and makes easier for humans to makes decisions on what would be better for a single individual or multiple if the case is that your happiness is with many others.

the transition of ideas about happiness changes from the moment you start the first day of school in first grade to the higher levels. I myself used to say that I only wanted to go to school for lunch and play, later on in high school I used to wake up early to get to school everyday i found every aspect of school interesting and amazing; it was my 4 years of school in New York and it was a totally different experience than when i was in my country, then at my senior year I was always late but i never lost my interest to what i wanted to learned and experienced in high school, then I went to the point to my first semester at LAGCC to be the better than many of my school years, but i came again to the point in which I have a lack of what they called in soccer “discipline” to do what I'm suppose to do.

Sometimes i wonder if I'm mature enough to be at this level of education when sometimes i waste my time and then i end up doing homework really late or sometimes not even doing them, but at some points I realize that this is the best for me and everyone around me, even if sometimes if difficult to overcome obstacles school brings a moment of peace and calms you down to the point in which people can start seeing things in a better perspective.

If you do not find a way to learn at some point in your life you going to start wondering what would have had happened if you were just a little interested on learning that little thing and College or any other way, you find to educate yourself is a way in which everyone can begin building their path, life brings opportunities to those who learn how to take advantage of them but at any point of your life education will also teach you how to create opportunities instead or waiting for them to come, and i got understand that every day i see a new opportunity which appears to many in my surroundings that only few can take advantage, but i have not yet become an expert on this because my education is not over its still far from over.

1 comment:

  1. Faid,

    This was a really interesting piece of writing - I like that you are comparing what you learned about focus in soccer to your experiences in school. Its not clear to me how you plan to increase your own happiness - this is something to really focus on for the paper.

    ReplyDelete